Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Being addicted to video games will stunt your growth

So this is the first tourney I have actually done well in this month.. but then again I have only played about 40 of them which is about 1/3 of the minimum I should be playing.  When you become addicted to video/comp games it stunts your poker, personal, and social growth.  This is bad.  Sometimes I feel like I should just uninstall and give the game away, but that would be like telling a drug addict to throw all of his shit in the toilet and flush it down.  It's just not going to happen.  I estimate that I play this one particular game close to 30 hrs a week which is sickening to think about.  If I just cut out half of that time and played more poker I would probably make about 30-50% more profit this month. 


Maybe/hopefully when I drive up to the frozen tundra at worlds end at the end of Feb. I can break this terrible habit and get back to playing as much as I should.  I think some good motivation is all I need.  Also, I will be quitting my day job right at that time so that will free up another 40 hrs per week to play.  Cheers to that plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment